Tora Direct S.A.(ex. Payzone S.A.) is a subsidiary of OPAP Group of Companies and it was the first to introduce in the Greek market the selling of airtime top up services in a dematerialized format.
Tora Direct products and services include prepaid mobile top-up, store value products and other custom e-business solutions, distributed through a network that spans several thousands of POS terminals across Greece, processing millions of transactions, and located in kiosks, small retail shops, super markets and convenience stores.
Additionally, the company acts as a Merchant Service Provider, leveraging its modern POS terminals network. Using an API, other devices like POS cashier systems, automatic kiosks, etc. can also connect to its backbone infrastructure.
The C/C++ Developer, as an integral member of the team, will contribute with his technical expertise, in building and supporting robust solutions for the Greek market.
Main responsibilities include:
- Designs, builds and maintains efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code
- Modifies existing C/C++ source in order to realize change requests, R&D and/or bug fixes
- Executes rigorous unit tests on new code and code changes in accordance with specified test plans
- Clearly and concisely documents code additions and changes, test procedures and results and all other work
- Performs sustained engineering of existing applications, including issue triage and defect assessment
- Bachelor's degree in the Information Technology field. A Postgraduate Degree will also be preferable
- 5+ years of experience in building high volume, high availability distributed systems and multithreaded programming
- Profound knowledge in C/C++
- Thorough knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers and algorithms
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML
- Experience with the implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience in Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of .NET Framework and C# will be considered as big plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational skills; ability to work within strict timeframes
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written)
The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.