The Systems Engineer oversees organization’s information systems and ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of network operating and database systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by effectively monitoring systems’ and databases’ performance, resolving technical problems and maintaining, supporting, and optimizing company’s network operating systems.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and monitors installed systems and infrastructure
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, databases and system management tools
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitors and tests systems’ performance and recommends system improvements
- Implements security, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Participates in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provides 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaises with vendors and other IT staff for problem resolution
- Monitors existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering. A Master's degree is also desirable
- 5+ years of experience in system engineering and IT support
- Proven working experience in design, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, SharePoint)
- Advanced Systems Administration experience, including Windows, Hyper-V/VMware, Active Directory, backup and recovery
- Advanced Networking experience, including vLANs, routing, VPNs, controller-based wireless networks, QoS optimization, network security, and troubleshooting.
- Advanced Storage Solutions experience, including setup and configuration of SAN clusters, LUN management, storage network configuration and troubleshooting, and performance optimization.
- Experience with IT security and best practices in regards with modern Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, Hyper-V, firewall configurations, ransomware prevention and removal.
- Experience with supporting MS SQL and/or Oracle databases, including installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Scripting skills
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within time constraints
- Team player spirit
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written, in Greek and English, both in technical and non-technical language
- Possession of industry certifications (eg. MCSE, MCSA, SQL Server, Cisco CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, etc.) is desirable
The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.