Compliance, AML & Risk Specialist - Tora Wallet
Tora Wallet S.A., member of OPAP Group, is an Electronic Money Institution, licensed and regulated by the Bank of Greece, employing talented and highly knowledgeable people in the area of payments, e-money and other innovative services. We are operating through a wide network of certified representatives spanning the Greek region, which includes OPAP stores and other retail locations, while at the same time preparing to launch our unique electronic channel offerings.
The ideal candidate will have a major role in supporting the organization to achieve full compliance with regulatory requirements and respective internal policies/procedures, while undertaking key involvement in the day-to-day Compliance, AML and Risk Management issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Participates actively in the setting up, monitoring and execution of the annual compliance plan
- Undertakes a leading role in designing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving the compliance, AML/CTF and risk permanent control framework
- Participates actively in the development, maintenance, continuous improvement and execution of a set of company policies/procedures in the functional areas falling under the scope of responsibilities of the Compliance, AML & Risk Unit
- Undertakes the role of the substitute AML/CTF Nominated Officer and assumes all tasks described in the respective institutional/legal framework (e.g. Decision no. 281/5/17.3.2009 of the Banking and Credit Committee of the Bank of Greece).
- Performs AML/CTF investigations or acts as a reviewer in investigations performed by other AML officers; escalates cases to AML/CTF Nominated Officer for potential STR to the Greek FIU
- Conducts reviews, participates in projects and offers compliance/regulatory advice and guidance to all applicable stakeholders (entity business units or other)
- Liaises and contributes by all possible means to the achievement of compliance with BoG’s and rest competent Authorities’ rules and expectations
- Provides assistance in the drafting of all internal/external compliance and risk reporting or respective presentations (periodic or ad hoc)
- Contributes to embedding a culture of Compliance within the entity and deliver compliance training according to organizational needs
- BSc in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant. Master's Degree will be prefered
- 5+ years' of successful previous experience in the internal control functions (Internal Audit, Compliance or Risk; holding a combined experience is mostly preferred) of a Payment Services Provider (Bank, e-Money or Payment Institution), preferably some of them in the Compliance business line
- Familiarity with the standing regulatory framework, the handling of daily compliance and risk management operational issues and the design/implementation of controlling procedures in the functional areas of Governance, Consumer Protection, Customer On Boarding, AML/CTF, Anti-Fraud, Payments, Personal Data Protection, Outsourcing of Activities, Risk Management and Regulatory Reporting
- Holding any professional qualification relevant to compliance (e.g. ICA Qualifications, Professional Educational Programs organized by Universities or Institutional Bodies such as the Hellenic Banks Association) is highly desired
- Proven ability to drive the compliance (AML and rest relevant risks included) and risk management process from lead to closure
- Clearly demonstrated commitment to achieving objectives
- Ability to produce and understand management information reports, analyze data and recognize inconsistencies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team
- Fluent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written)
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates)
The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.