IT Security Analyst
The IT Security Analyst performs internal investigations and daily monitoring of system and network logs to identify possible threats, ensuring vulnerabilities are identified and re-mediated. As a member of the IT-Security Incident Response Team, acts both proactively and re-actively against security breaches, root cause analysis, business continuity and DR planning.
The IT Security Analyst role requires both project management and hands-on experience in the areas of IT, Networking, Virtualization Technologies and Security.
More specifically, the holder of the role:
- Actively contributes to information security projects and initiatives
- Designs, develops and implements short- and long-term IT security solutions via new and existing applications, systems, network & security infrastructure
- Communicates and manages relationships with end users, IT service providers, Business units and IT management
- Provides technical support to the organization’s IT-Security Team workforce and business partners, to ensure secure operation of corporate applications, network and data
- Detects and analyzes network anomalies considered to be Events of Interest (EOI)
- Provides computer security incident response including monitoring, detection and investigation.
- Communicates, explains, presents, demonstrates and documents the operational impact of a particular event of interest in a timely manner, to ensure proper actions of the response team
- Updates products, controls access, monitors the protection state of systems, identifies protection gaps, remediates vulnerabilities and coordinates efforts across support teams
- Researches and analyzes security threat intelligence from a variety of sources and applies appropriate mitigations for identified indicators of compromise. Suggests changes to security controls as needed to adapt to the changing threat landscape
- Ensures compliance with organizational security rules and standards, audits readiness, service continuity and governance whilst maintaining service relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- When necessary, assists in computer forensics investigations including malware sample analysis, memory analysis, network traffic analysis, and imaging and analysis of hard disk drives.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology other Security field. Also a Postgraduate Degree will be preferable
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Security or a Security Analyst role in the deployment of complex security solutions in demanding and mission critical environments
- 2+ years in the analytical field of implementation and monitoring of Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, incident and threat management
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, information security principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows and Internet-centric applications and protocols (HTTP, SMTP, SSL, SSH, SNMP, DNS); Use of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, and shells)
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure, including Firewalls, Routers, Switches and associated network protocols and concepts
- Hands on experience with major Security Infrastructure vendors of UTMs, WAFs, load Balancers, mobile security and DDoS
- Experience in analyzing security logs generated by IDS/IPS, firewalls, anti-virus, and/or other security logging sources
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
- Security and Network certifications are strongly desirable; CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GSEC or similar certifications will be considered a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Exhibition of critical thinking and rigorous attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; high ability to understand complex issues quickly, to effectively analyze business/IT risks and controls and to clearly report and escalate findings
- Effective written and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English; competent in technical and business writing
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.